That means we are in the last push to campaign for Julia Nichols to be elected as our State Delegate. There are many opportunities for you to help make that happen.
3. Sign up to go canvassing. (We will post on social media and email our subscribers when these canvasses will be happening)
4. Get a yard sign for your home or business.
5. Make sure everyone you know is REGISTERED TO VOTE!
6. Wear a Julia Nichols shirt, button, or lapel sticker to local events! You can be a walking advertisement!
7. Get a bumper sticker/magnet for your car.
8. Make a plan to vote, not just yourself, but make sure your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, guy at the coffee shop, all have a plant to vote!
9. Share your excitement for Julia Nichols' campaign for delegate with your friends, family, coworkers, and folks you meet every day! That's as simple as sharing our Facebook page, retweeting us, or having a conversation.
10. Most importantly, BE A VOTER!
We will be having some neighborhood parties hosted by local volunteers and we hope that you'll be able to join! It will be an excellent chance to come and meet Julia and even some other local candidates, and talk about the issues that concern you the most and how she can best represent us in Annapolis. Feel free to invite your family, friends, neighbors, and anyone who might like to meet this excellent candidate.
The first will be September 30 from 2-4PM in the Town Creek Neighborhood. Please RSVP with host Lyn Schramm if you'd like to attend.
This is the complete list of neighborhood parties, and we hope you'll make it to at least one!
Have you seen a familiar face in the newsstands lately? Southern Maryland Woman has a featured article with the women running for office here in Southern Maryland, including our own Julia Nichols! The St. Mary's County edition of the magazine even has a great cover photo with Julia, Rose Frederick, and Robbie Loker, and the article also includes profiles of Holly Budd, Susie Hance-Wells, and Maureen Woodruff! Make sure to pick up a copy today, you can find them at various locations around the area!
As we approach Election Day, there will be several candidate forums open to the public. It will be important for as many people to attend as possible because this is YOUR chance to meet the candidates that you'll be voting for and hear from them about what topics are critical for our community and how they mean to serve YOU, the voter. Please make a point to attend the ones that you are able to, as well as spreading the word to your friends, family, and neighbors. This is a critical election and we always want an informed electorate.
Southern Maryland Candidate Forums Fall 2018
Calvert County: Visit the League of Women Voters website for additional information
• September 25, 7:15 pm – Asbury, Solomons – non-commissioner candidates from Calvert
• September 27, 7:15 pm – Asbury, Solomons – commissioner candidates from Calvert
• October 4, 5:30 pm – St. John Vianney Family Life Center Prince Frederick (sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Calvert County) – county commissioners, sheriff, register of wills, clerk of the orphan court
• October 11, 5:30 pm – St. John Vianney Family Life Center Prince Frederick (sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Calvert County) – delegates, senators, congressional district 5, and state referendums
St. Mary’s County:
• October 2, 5 pm – Lexington Park Library (sponsored by the League of Women Voters of St. Mary’s County and the NAACP) – some of the St. Mary’s County Candidates
• October 16, 5 pm – Lexington Park Library (sponsored by the League of Women Voters of St. Mary’s County and the NAACP) – the remainder of the St. Mary’s County Candidates
• October 17, 8 am – Southern Maryland Higher Ed Center (sponsored by the St. Mary’s County Chamber of Commerce)
I want to thank everyone who came out my Birthday Bash and Campaign Rally! We had a fantastic turn out, and I was so happy to see everyone! A special thanks to our special guests Jaxon O'Mara, Krish Vignarajah, Jazz Lewis, and Susie Turnbull as well as all of the volunteers who helped make the event possible, we couldn’t have done it without you!
This campaign has been so exciting and we are in the home stretch now. Keep checking our page and sign up to receive emails from the campaign so you know how to help bring it home and win in November!
If you'd like to see many great pictures from the event, please check out this gallery from Beth Graeme Photography!
Mark your calendars now, folks! Julia's Birthday Bash and Campaign Rally will be on Saturday September 1st from 2pm-5pm at the Chesapeake Ranch Estates Clubhouse!
It will be a free, family-friendly event with cake, snacks, and drinks for everyone. There will be some excellent guest speakers as well as some games. It will be our last big event to launch us into the drive to Election Day! We hope to see everybody there!
Saturday September 1st
Chesapeake Ranch Estates Clubhouse
500 Clubhouse Dr.
Signs are IN!
Signs have arrived!! We have gotten some up already, and we are working on getting permission for more locations for our 4x8 signs which will be going up over the next couple of weeks.
We also have smaller (2x4) signs for yards. Contact us if you would like one or more signs to put up! Even if you do not live in 29C, if you live on a high-traffic road, we'd love to have you put one up!
Counting down the last 100 days to Election Day!
June 26th brought the primaries! As I was in an uncontested race, it was not a focal point for our campaign, but I am thankful to all of you who went out to vote! I find it hopeful for our Get Out The Vote (GOTV) efforts that in the 2014 primary, there were 1,555 people in my district who voted for the Democratic candidate, and in the primary this year, there were 2,052 people in my district who voted for me. The increase in voters in the Republican primary was only about 150 individuals, so we made some progress! We need to continue with our GOTV efforts and ensure that our friends understand how important it is to vote! Typically, voter turnout in a gubernatorial year is much lower than in a presidential year, but voting for you local governance matters!!
I was able to enjoy 2 weeks with my family in Maine and am now looking ahead to November 6th. As of July 29, there are only 100 days till election day! I will be calling on everyone for your support over the next three months! We are making plans for event attendance, canvassing, a postcard mailer, and putting up signs. Stay tuned!